Search pictures and profiles of Black Singles near you right now. Discover how online dating sites make finding singles in the United States, Canada, and all over the world simple, safe and fun! Once you browse profiles and pictures start flirting, messaging and connecting with other members of the BlackPeopleMeet.com community. Search today and find other sexy, intelligent singles for casual dating or a serious relationship in your area.Search Black Men | Search Black Women
A little about me...
Simply put I am a single dad who had spent the last 20+ years raising my sons and making sure they got the kind of start in life needed to be successful in their chosen career path. However, more important to me was that they grew to become men of honor.
The three of us have had our ups and downs like any family but through it all we remained a close and loving family. I think sometimes I learned more from them than they ever learned from me. They have taught me that no matter how old I am it is still important to dream. I went back to school to earn my doctorate in music when I was 40 and there were times when I felt like quitting but they would always check in on me asking…”Daddy…you finished your homework?”.
I am very proud of the men they are becoming today. One married and the other heading to the Peace Corp.
I have been performing around the U.S a style of music I call "Sacred Jazz". A blend of jazz and Gospel. As well as teaching choral music to young people who are incarcerated and need to see a way out. What I am most proud of is the school of music I started in Malawi Africa back in 2003. Working in Africa every summer has shown me that leaving my footprints will make me rich beyond my wildest dreams.
About the one I'm looking for...
Beginning a new and exciting phase in my life and being physically active is a very important part of life for me. I snowboard in the winter, hike, cycle and kayak in the summer. If it's off the path that is where I want to go.
I am a dreamer and and a doer so if you are of a like mind then drop me a line and let’s see where it goes.
At this point in my life I am content with who I am. But being content does not mean I have stopped the adventure. Today it is more an internal journey. I am always looking for parts of me that have been untapped and when found I will push them to their limits. I express my faith through music as it is a gift of God. Psalm 150
The greatest compliment I ever received came from my graduate piano teacher who asked me at the end of a lesson..."Joe, some people live inside the box and some people live outside the box, but do you even know where the box is? To that I replied..."There's a box?". I am looking for someone who has no idea where the box is either and wants to take that giant leap and free fall.
And yes I am an adreneline junkie and no I am not from Jamaica. If I had a nickle every time some says to me "Hey Rasta" or asked me is I was frome Jamaica. I guess it goes with the hair..
I'd just like to add...
I did a “Bucket List” but kind of messed it up the first time. I did everything on my list so here is “Bucket List Part 2”
1. Dance in both the northern and southern hemispheres on the same night which had to be pospomned till next year. Dr. decided he needed to install new hardware in my heart. I told him it would be fine till after I got back. He asked me if I had lost my mind? I told his yes...years ago...LOL So heading to Brazil in Summer of 2013 to teach and then driving to Equador to dance on both sides of he equator. Wish my dad was still here to make the trip. He was one of my favorite dance partners. The final part of this journey will be snowboarding in Chile before returning home.
2. See the glaciers of Kilimanjaro (Have to do before 2012-They will be gone by then)
3. Touch down on all 7 continents. I have three to go
4. Ride cross country on a train (My dad was the first African American track foreman for the Long Island Rail Road
5. Learn to play the harp….gotta be ready for Heaven’s Band. I hear it is all acoustic.
6. Find someone I can love with all my heart and soul who will travel with me and I can travel with on the adventure of a lifetime together...to much to ask?.....time will tell.
Meet Black Singles
in your State